QR Code — abbreviated from Quick Response Code — is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code) first designed for the automotive industry. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be made up of four standardized kinds ("modes") of data, by supported extensions virtually any kind of data.The technology has seen frequent use in theUnited Kingdom and the United States. QR usage is growing fastest in Canada and Hong Kong.
Below are some mobile application list to read QR Code.
iPhone QR Code Reader Application
- NeoReader (Free) – This is one of the best QR readers for iPhone. It does QR Code, Data Matrix and Aztec bar codes. [itunes link]
- Optiscan ($1.99) – This one claims to be the fastest reader however that may not be exactly true. It is pretty quick. One unique feature with this app is it will save the QR code data so that you can pull it up later rather than having to rescan it each time. [itunes link]
- Barcode (Free) – Barcode scans QR Code and Data Matrix. The big issue I have with this one is you have to select which type of code you are scanning rather than it auto detecting it. [itunes link]
- QuickMark ($0.99) – CNET rated this app as the best QR code reader app for the iPhone. Google recommends this app as well. [itunes link]
- ScanLife (Free) – Reads EZ Code, QR code, Data Matrix and UPC codes. ScanLife makes their app for multiple mobile OS. [itunes link]
- QR Pro ($1.99)– Profile Exchange, Reader and Creator of QR 2D Barcode Profession Version in iPhone [itunes link]
Android QR Code Reader Application
- Barcode Scanner (Free) – This is the one I personally use. This one scans UPC, QR code and Data Matrix. Works great. [info]
- ShopSavvy (Free) – This app scans QR codes but also scans UPC codes and finds the best prices near you. I found it to be slow back when I used to use it however it is not bad. [info]
- ScanLife (Free) – Reads EZ Code, QR code, Data Matrix and UPC codes. ScanLife makes their app for multiple mobile OS. [info]
- QuickMark (Free) – Same as the iPhone app however on Android and best of all, FREE. Reads Quick Code, QR code, UPC and Data Matrix. [info]
- QR Pal (Free) – This app saves each of your codes and sorts them for you. Great interface and easy to use. Right now only on Android but plans to release onto other platforms. [ info ]
Blackberry QR Code Reader Application
- ScanLife (Free) – Reads EZ Code, QR code, Data Matrix and UPC codes. ScanLife makes their app for multiple mobile OS. [app world link]
- BeeTagg (Free) – Reads QR Code, Data Matrix and BeeTagg Code. [app world link]
- QR Code Scanner Pro (Free) – This app seems to have it all included in one package. [app world link]
Windows Phone 7 QR Code Reader Application
- PhraseMeme Scanner (Trial then $1.99) – This is a new QR code scanning app for Windows Phone 7. PhraseMeme is a multi-format barcode scanner for Windows Phone 7 which includes a QR code reader. Several comments I have read show that PhraseMeme Scanner is working properly. Microsoft has yet to open up the camera API which keeps all Windows Phone 7 apps from being able to use the camera to do real time scanning. From the reviews, this product seems to be the best Windows Phone 7 users can get for scanning QR codes. Checkout PhraseMeme Scanner’s website.
- QR Reader (Free) – This app says it has support for QR codes, however many are having issues with getting it to work correctly. It seems to still be a work in progress.
- Stripes ($0.99) – This is a UPC barcode reader that is starting to support QR Codes, however they are still working to get QR codes to work correctly with it.
- BeeTagg (Free) – The BeeTagg QR Reader for Windows Phone 7 can read QR Codes, BeeTagg Codes and Datamatrix. It supports the following formats: vCard, meCard, vEvent, Geo, Phone, SMS, Text
- NeoReader (Free) – This is one of the best readers on the iPhone and is now on Windows Phone 7. It supports almost all types of bar codes including Data Matrix, QR codes, Aztec Codes, EAN, UPC, and Code 128.
- Quickmark (Free) – Same as the iPhone app however on Android and best of all, FREE. Reads Quick Code, QR code, UPC and Data Matrix.
Tags: QR Code Mobile Reader,Mobile Application for QR code,Windows Phone 7 QR Code Reader App,Best QR Code Mobile Apps,Top QR Code Mobile Applications